On May 4th, 2020, the Ministry of the Environment and Natural Resources ("SEMARNAT") issued the resolution which modifies, adds and repeals several articles of the General Administrative Provisions (the "DACGs") that establish the guidelines for the creation, implementation and authorization of the Industrial Safety, Operational Safety and Environmental Protection Management Systems, applicable to Hydrocarbon Sector activities (the "Resolution"). Therefore, substantial part of the modifications, additions and repeals of the DACGs has connection with the following matters:
- Information related to the Registry of the Administration System.
- Authorization of the Administration Systems for its implementation.
- Guidelines for the modification of the Information System by the regulated parties.
- Deployment of the System of Administration of the regulated parties.
- Requirements for the execution of the Administration System (related to risk analysis, industrial safety indicators, performance reports, mechanisms and documents to comply with the DACGs, with an industrial safety orientation).
- Modifications of the contents related to the performance evaluation of the Administration System (considering, among others, the legal requirements, indicators, training, communications, document control, quality standards, activity and process controls, etc.)
Finally, it is important to consider that the elements contained in the Resolution are oriented to the Regulated companies who carry out activities in the Hydrocarbons Sector, in order to comply with the guidelines for Industrial Safety, Operational Safety and Environmental Protection.
For more information, please find the full text of the Resolution in the link below:
For any questions or information associated with the publication of the above-mentioned Resolution, please contact our specialists.